Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself....


Hi.. 
I'm Gabriela Medeiros. Most people call me Gaby. Yes, only one b, no reason, just always been that way lol.


I'm 24 years old and married to my wonderful husband Matthew!


I decided to reintroduce myself because I never have in a blog post and my about page is super looooong... sorry if you've ever read it. 

I'm not going to give you a long drawn out personal history because then I might as well copy and paste my about page lol.

I come from a big close knit family. I grew up with my parents and two younger brothers. We moved around a lot! I was homeschooled so at least I didn't have to worry about that hassle. I never had many of any friends. In part to moving so much, but also in part to just the way I am. I'm serious about success and silly about expectations. I never cared what people thought, only about what was right. Most kids, even my age annoyed me. But I was too silly and not uniform enough for the adults. So I was usually alone.

Except for horses. And cats lol. My two loves! Cats helped me ever since I was 9 years old. I felt like I fit in with them. Who can resist their sass! The only thing better is a chestnut mare ;)

I started riding lessons at age 13. It was a life long goal that I fought hard to accomplish and I haven't quit since. You guys all know what it's like when something is just in your blood.

But as far as humans were concerned I kinda liked being alone. I could contemplate the universe, solve my own problems, and get to know myself. At 8 years old I knew exactly what I wanted out of life and wrote down a plan to get there.

But life happens...

Things fall through, economies collapse, and once confident children become depressed teens.

That happened to me. I knew better than to visibly self harm or anything. God was all that kept me from dying. But I developed eating disorders. At 16 years old I didn't want to exist. And I ate well under 300 calories a day. I was miserable. 

But I had several turning points and took baby steps at recovering on my own. In fact I never told a soul until 2 years ago when I told my husband about my struggle and that I wanted to kick that last bit of it for good. He was super supportive and that helped me get to where I'm at.


I'm a die hard equestrian and avid gym goer. I created this site to share everything I've learned about the wonderful connection between the two.

I want to help equestrians accomplish their fitness goals. And I want to raise awareness about eating disorders and the mental healing that takes time to do.

Comments

Popular Posts