Friday, July 14, 2017

|| Protein Blueberry Apple Muffins ||


Who doesn't like muffins? Personally, I prefer them over cake or pastries, even doughnuts any day! But... here's a little known fact
, they are not "healthy". Most muffins have over 20 grams of fat and over 50 grams of carbs, usually with less than 5 grams of protein. Not the most macro friendly food. Not to mention it's mostly highly processed ingredients.

Last month though I came across a vegan recipe on instagram for some blueberry muffins and decided to try them. They were great! But I kept experimenting with them until I got the recipe I will share with you today.

Ingredients

 2 eggs
3 Tbs almond butter
4 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs sugar
-
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
-
1 cup blueberries
1 diced apple
-
Be sure to use muffin tin liners. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

My version is not vegan, but it is very healthy and macro friendly. Each muffin has only 3 grams of fat, 16g carbs, and 5g of protein. I usually eat two. These picky eater approved muffins (my husband likes them and he is very picky) are packed full of fruit which is great for people like me that struggle to eat any fruit at all.

I hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment