Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Rider Feature || Interview With Keihanna Boerste


First off tell us about you and your horse? 

I'm a senior in high school. I have done Dressage for about 5 year. Before that I dabbled in some jumping and western.

I love to be outside. I work out at a crossfit gym and also a bouldering gym to stay in shape to ride my horse.
I try to at all cost avoid foods with added sugars. My boyfriend of two years joined the army a few months ago, and I have not heard his voice since October 31, 2016 since the army doesn't allow any contact besides writing letters. We write to each other everyday. I am very excited to tell him about this opportunity The Gallop To Greatness has given me. I have two siblings, both younger than me. I volunteer once a week at a big hospital in Portland called, OHSU, specifically I volunteer in the pediatric oncology unit (kids cancer clinic).

Inspector Morse was born in 1998.Many people are surprised that he is 18 years old which makes me feel fantastic! In 2004 he was imported to Canada from Germany. Then in 2011 I bought him and he came to the United States. He has his own passport which I think is pretty cool.  In 2013 I was told by an ex-trainer that Morse was no good and I needed to sell him because he would never take me anywhere with my riding career. I ditched that trainer and found a new one, named Julia Wolfee, who just recently moved from Texas to Oregon. Under Julias wing, she has helped me win 3 state championships, 2 regional championships, and place at the national championships.

After every ride, I put ice boots on all four of Morse's legs and put him on this really cool machine called the Theraplate.


What's your life philosophy?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.


How did you come across The Gallop To Greatness? 

I was looking around Instagram and stumbled across the page. I was very drawn to it since it talked a lot about horses and fitness, which are my two favorite things.


Why choose The Gallop To Greatness?

I love the concept of fitness and horses. Not to mention the logo is absolutely adorable. I also saw on Etsy the type of products The Gallop To Greatness was capable of producing and I was very impressed. After talking with Gabriela Medieros I was even more drawn to the company because she is a very approachable person, and I consider that to be a fantastic trait.


What are your plans for the future?

I plan on attending a college in the Fall of 2017. The schools I am considering right now are Baylor, UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, University of Southern California, and University of Oregon. I plan on continuing my riding career wherever I attend school, I hope to bring Morse with me to school as well. My only concern is it being too hot for him in California or Texas. Whatever I think will be best for him is what I will do, but right now I don't know what that is.


What career do you want?

Something that will pay the bill that comes with owning a horse!


What are your show plans?

Show all summer to get my qualifying scores for regionals. Then make the 10-hour drive to regionals in the fall!


Any other life plans?

Travel the world as much as possible, and meet as many people as I can.


What is your life motto?

"Hurry up and wait."


What is your favorite quote?

"Practice like you have never won. Perform like you have never lost."


Who is your equestrian inspiration?

Charlotte Dujardin.

Hope you all enjoyed the interview! Be sure to follow their story on Instagram @dressageworld
Keihanna Boerste is an official brand ambassador for The Gallop To Greatness.
Use her discount code: KBIM10 at the checkout on our etsy shop for 10% off!
Use #TeamTGTG or #LiveTheGallopToGreatness To be featured wearing our products!




No comments:

Post a Comment